And we are off to a New Year - 2020. Happy New Year to you all.
As a kid, saying any year with 20 in front of it suggested science fiction reading. And I always loved that genre as a youngster. Still do, and definitely not young any more!
Alas, the back half of 2019 became inundated with my consulting work (which pays the bills, so can't be ignored!) and my author pursuits suffered somewhat. Anyway, the holiday period is now over and I've had a break to reset and refocus.
So here's the list of my main author projects for the coming year:
1. The manuscript for my collection of Harry short stories is done and in the final stages of editing. The cover work and internal artwork are also in progress. Expect the book, Harry Kenmare, P.I. - At Your Service, around late March.
2. Going to try and pull off the first ever "Noir at the Bar" event for Sydney - just trying to rustle up some local crime authors to join in. Unfortunately I haven't found much sense of a collegiate crime author community here, unlike the wonderful experience I enjoyed in LA last year. However, I'm nothing if not stubborn.
3. The third Harry novel, Harry's Grail, is now well underway. First goal is to have the manuscript finished before the end of the year. If I can also publish before then as well, all the better. But realistically, early 2021.
4. Push on with some more short stories, Harry and others, and hopefully get some published.
5. And push on with a novella project I started way back, The Scent of the Wattle. It's a crime story about paedophiles and corruption, but definitely not Harry. Heavily based on my detective experiences.
Now...time to pull the finger out!
If I can stick to plan, then it's going to be a big 2020 for this author. Hope you'll join me for the ride, or at least parts of it.
BOOKMARKS from Harry's Quest
Following in the footsteps of Harry's World and its set of red bookmarks, here is the matching set of blue bookmarks to celebrate Harry's Quest.
A custom-made colourful collection of high-quality card bookmarks quoting some of those delicious hard-boiled one-liners from Harry's Quest. What better to accompany you in all your reading travels?!
Adults only, of course: they're naughty!
There are 12 quotes in the collection (see below image), with both the PI silhouette version and the sexy girls silhouette version (think of those twins!). A set of 12 will comprise all the quotes, with 6 PI versions and 6 sexy girl versions. Or if you really want to go hard, you could have the complete batch with 24!
In Australia: 1 x set of 12 goes for just $4.00 (incl. GST & postage).
For overseas: 1 x set of 12 goes for just A$6.00 (incl. airmail postage).
Just drop me a line!
See my new merchandise page: Also: MERCHANDISE
For my author buddies!!!
If you're one of my author buddies (you know who you are from the Twitter universe, the anthology worlds of Switchblade and the like, and my Cops Writing Crime project) then you can have a set for FREE - just DM me with an email address and I'll drop you a line to find where your letterbox is at! Especially as many of you are in North America, my free offer means anywhere at all (except perhaps the International Space Station!). You know how to find me, fellow authors!
Looking forward to my second author event in Los Angeles. I'm honoured to be lining up with local crime writing talent for the legendary Noir at the Bar event. Many thanks to Eric Beetner, an author whose work I love, for the invitation to join him and the noir crew.
If you're in LA this coming Sunday evening, 07 July, come and join us for noir and drinks at the Mandrake Bar.
Bringing you hard-boiled and noir tales of crime and corruption. And various related opinions!