And we are off to a New Year - 2020. Happy New Year to you all.
As a kid, saying any year with 20 in front of it suggested science fiction reading. And I always loved that genre as a youngster. Still do, and definitely not young any more!
Alas, the back half of 2019 became inundated with my consulting work (which pays the bills, so can't be ignored!) and my author pursuits suffered somewhat. Anyway, the holiday period is now over and I've had a break to reset and refocus.
So here's the list of my main author projects for the coming year:
1. The manuscript for my collection of Harry short stories is done and in the final stages of editing. The cover work and internal artwork are also in progress. Expect the book, Harry Kenmare, P.I. - At Your Service, around late March.
2. Going to try and pull off the first ever "Noir at the Bar" event for Sydney - just trying to rustle up some local crime authors to join in. Unfortunately I haven't found much sense of a collegiate crime author community here, unlike the wonderful experience I enjoyed in LA last year. However, I'm nothing if not stubborn.
3. The third Harry novel, Harry's Grail, is now well underway. First goal is to have the manuscript finished before the end of the year. If I can also publish before then as well, all the better. But realistically, early 2021.
4. Push on with some more short stories, Harry and others, and hopefully get some published.
5. And push on with a novella project I started way back, The Scent of the Wattle. It's a crime story about paedophiles and corruption, but definitely not Harry. Heavily based on my detective experiences.
Now...time to pull the finger out!
If I can stick to plan, then it's going to be a big 2020 for this author. Hope you'll join me for the ride, or at least parts of it.
Bringing you hard-boiled and noir tales of crime and corruption. And various related opinions!