As a self-published author, the marketing of a book is a hard gig, I can assure you. Approaching bookstores and asking them if they will take Harry's World on consignment has been one avenue I've been pursuing, with mixed success.
However, a very big THANK YOU to the various independent bookstores here in Sydney and in other parts of Australia who have given me a go.
The honour roll to date is as follows:
So far in Sydney at:
1. Abbey's Bookshop in the city (131 York Street).
2. Berkelouw Books in Paddington (19 Oxford Street).
3. Gleebooks in Glebe (49 Glebe Point Road).
4. Brays Books in Balmain (268 Darling Street).
5. Better Read Than Dead in Newtown (265 King Street).
6. Harry Hartog Bookseller in Bondi Junction (Westfield Centre, 500 Oxford Street).
7. Ariel Books in Paddington (42 Oxford Street).
In regional NSW it's available at:
1. In Young at W.F.Gilbert Books (100 Boorowa Street).
2. In the Hunter Valley at Village Books in the Hunter Valley Gardens (Broke Road, Pokolbin).
In Victoria at:
1. New Leaves Bookstore in Woodend (81 High Street).
In Western Australia at:
1. Paperbark Merchants in Albany (240 York Street).
In Tasmania at:
1. Devonport Books in Devonport (83 Rooke Street Mall).